Thanks to BibliOddessy.blogspot.com for the awesome image.
Monday, January 11, 2010
My free write summarizing the first day.
I realize I did what I don't want to do and students don't want which is talk the whole time! I realize we need to follow up next week to create the citizenship rubric, and to decide if we want to meet Mondays in the D- hall. I need to have them send me an email to let me know if thye can't do the Saturdays and if they want to meet in D-Hall...
And The Show Goes On
-
I am wondering if anyone will continue to use their blog even after this
class is over. I think it will be a cool way to interact if we still
continue to u...
Advice Page resources
-
As I looked through more and more material for my advice page, I realized
that I just wanted to give a few points that could be helpful for a writing
consu...
Final Thoughts on English 383
-
This semester in 383, the information we worked with and the different
activities we did seemed like a lot to swallow. As far as the readings were
concerne...
Final Project Research
-
For my final project, I research "Writing Center Satellite Sites". This
was very useful in coming up with how the satellite sites could be
organized. The...
Last words
-
So I guess this will be my last blog post. Looking back through our entire
class together, I just feel that it has been an extremely rewarding
experiment. ...
Research Pt. 3
-
This is my third, and in my opinion most interesting, link about tutoring
ESL students. This is from the Dartmouth writing center.
http://www.dartmouth.edu/...
Response to Addy's Blog Post on Athletes
-
I admit that I take personal offense when my peers make comments about
athletes and that they are dumb or were only admitted to a school because
they are g...
The Mountain
-
[image: cartoon from www.weblogcartoons.com]
Cartoon by Dave Walker. Find more cartoons you can freely re-use on your
blog at We Blog Cartoons.
Peer-to-Peer Marketing
-
After my previous blogpost, I really wanted to find some examples of
peer-to-peer marketing of writing centers in high schools, universities, or
other inst...
The Paper Rush
-
I just happened to be looking at my Facebook newsfeed, and it seems to me
that there is an ongoing "paper rush." Status updates such as "Done page 3
of 12,...
Tutor as a Counselor
-
I stumbled upon another article by Muriel Harris in Google scholars
addressing the most effective techniques a writing tutor can employ. The
article, "The ...
OMG I Never Would've Come Up With This But.....
-
So I'm about to give a little background information because if I don't
I'll just confuse everyone, and that will just be no fun. Anyhow, in my
anthropolog...
Taking a deeper look at types of ESL writers.
-
As an international student and someone who speaks more than one language,
I have always concerned myself with how second language writers from other
count...
An interesting question....
-
How should a writing consultant handle a student who is resistant to
receiving help from the writing center?
As a speech consultant at the Speech Center, m...
Final trip to the Boys & Girls Club
-
This afternoon concluded our last trip the Boys & Girls club to help the
kids on their digital story projects. The original student that my partner
and I w...
No comments:
Post a Comment